Pot Of Gold Rainbow Cupcakes With Cerrato Sweets
These Pot Of Gold Rainbow Cupcakes are the cutest sweet treat for St. Patrick's Day! They look complicated, but they are actually super easy! They are perfect for beginner bakers and capable confectioners alike.
We have been busy making our St. Patrick's Day plans and have had no time to cook or bake anything. That's why we teamed up with Cerrato Sweets! These cupcakes are a great last minute idea. Most of the ingredients are already stocked in your kitchen, and the last few are easily found with a quick trip to the food store.
We will definitely be setting up our delicious treats under a giant rainbow balloon arch for some added drama. You can check out our favorite balloon arch DIY here to create one of your own!
We used our very own Circus Measuring Cups for this recipe. Of course any measuring cups will work, but these rainbow cups make baking way more fun! We recommend getting a set for yourself here.
- 1 1/2 Sticks of Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups of Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 TSP of Vanilla
- 2 1/2 TSP of Baking Powder
- 1/4 TSP of Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups of Flour
- 1 1/4 Cups of Milk
- 2 Sticks of Unsalted Butter
- 4 Cups of Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 TSP of Vanilla
- 3-4 TBSP of Heavy Cream
- 3-4 Drops of Blue Food Coloring
Pot Of Gold
- Rainbow Gummy Candy Strips
- Rolo Candies
- Gold Sugar
- Combine butter and sugar into a large bowl and mix well. Add 2 eggs and mix until the batter is smooth. Add vanilla, baking powder, salt, flour, and milk into the bowl. Mix well.
- Pour into cupcake foils. Fill each one about 3/4 of the way.
- Back for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let the cupcakes cool while you prepare the frosting. Use a mixer with a paddle attachment. Beat butter and sugar on a low speed for three minutes, occasionally scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Add in vanilla, heavy cream, and food coloring. Turn to medium/high speed and whip for 1-2 minutes.
- Pipe on blue frosting. Use white frosting to add decorative clouds to the cupcakes.
- Add rainbow candy strips. Dip Rolo in frosting, then in gold sugar to create the pot of gold. Press into the frosting for the finishing touch!